1 kg spinach
2 medium onions, finely sliced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
1 green chilli, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 cup coriander, finely chopped
2 desertspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Wash spinach and remove stalks. Chop.
- In a pan, heat the oil and fry onion until pale yellow.
- Add garlic, ginger and green chillies - cook for 3 minutes.
- Add turmeric and chilli powder and coriander - cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add spinach, blend well and add salt. Cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and sugar - continue cooking on low heat for a few minutes more until the spinach is cooked.
- Separate the eggs - beat the whites until soft peaks form. Add the yolks and mix.
- Put the spinach in an 8" pie plate, spread beaten eggs over the top of the spinach and bake in a moderate oven until the eggs are set and golden.